Ebenezer Tucker (born November 15, 1758 in Tuckers Beach, Burlington County, New Jersey-September 5, 1845) served in the United States House of Representatives from New Jersey where he was elected to serve in both the Nineteenth Congress and the Twentieth United States Congress. He served in Congress from March 4, 1825-March 3, 1829.
Tucker served in the American Revolutionary War under General George Washington at the Battle of Long Island and other engagements. He was a Judge of the Court of Common Pleas; Justice of Court Of Quarter Sessions and Judge of the Orphans Court of Burlington County from 1820 to 1825. He moved to what is now Tuckerton, New Jersey, which was named after him, where he engaged in business and shipbuilding. He was the Postmaster of Tuckerton from 1806 to 1825, when he resigned to take up his duties in Congress. After he served in Congress, he served again as postmaster of Tuckerton from 1831 until his death in Tuckerton in 1845. His grave is marked by a most prominent obelisk.
Tucker was the first collector of revenue of the port of Tuckerton. Tuckerton became the third port of entry of the United States, after New York City and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Tucker's commission as Collector bears the date March 21, 1791, and was signed by George Washington, President and Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State.