John L. Wilson (August 7, 1850 - November 6, 1912) was a United States Representative and Senator from Washington. Born in Crawfordsville, Indiana, he attended the common schools and was a messenger during the Civil War. He graduated from Wabash College in Crawfordsville, 1874 and studied law; he was admitted to the bar in 1878 and commenced practice in Crawfordsville. He was a member of the Indiana House of Representatives in 1880 and was appointed by President Chester Arthur as receiver of public moneys at Spokane Falls and Colfax, Washington Territory (1882-1887).
Upon the admission of Washington as a State into the Union, John L. Wilson was elected as a Republican to the Fifty-first Congress; he was reelected to the Fifty-second and Fifty-third Congresses and served from November 20, 1889, to February 18, 1895, when he resigned to become a Senator. He was elected as a Republican to the United States Senate on February 1, 1895, to fill the vacancy in the term commencing March 4, 1893, but did not assume his senatorial duties until February 19, 1895. He served until March 3, 1899 and was an unsuccessful candidate for reelection in 1898. While in the Senate, he was chairman of the Committee on Indian Depredations (Fifty-fourth and Fifty-fifth Congresses). After his time in the Senate, he published the Seattle Post-Intelligencer. In 1912, he died in Washington, D.C. and was interred in Oak Hill Cemetery, Crawfordsville.
John Lockwood Wilson's father was James Wilson, a U.S. Representative from Indiana.